Thursday, November 7, 2013

Guilty Pleasures

We all have our guilty pleasures.  Some people melt for chocolate.  Others are hot for soaking in the sun.  And still others nerd out for comics and superheroes.  Then there's me.


Whenever I walk past a Yankee Candle shop, I always feel a tug to wander in and sniff about.  I absolutely love it!  So many smells!  My favorite from today's visit?  Cranberry Ice.  Mmmmm!  There are always new nose flavors to experience.  I can always tell which scents my mom would choose.  (It's almost time for those candles with the spice and cinnamon scents.)  It's so much fun to smell the candle and try to guess what scent it is. 

"I smell lemon. Or is that orange?  It's definitely something citrusy." 

However, this was the first time that I felt that the names of the candles were just getting lazy.  What is the difference between Clean Cotton, Soft Blanket, Fresh Linen, and Fluffy Towels? Well, I'll tell you! Soft Blanket is "wrapped in sweet dreams...a lullaby of clean citrus, luxurious vanilla, and warm amber" whereas Fluffy Towels is "the fresh scent of clean towels warm from the dryer with notes of lemon, apple, lavender, and lily."  And what in the world is Turquoise Sky?

BUT WHO CARES! It all smells so good! You hit a literal wall of aromas upon entering the shop.  The smells punch me in the nose and keep me there until I can't smell anything anymore.  Ahh...I love it!


On a side note, I have been craving a Dairy Queen Blizzard for weeks now.  This is even my second time mentioning the delicious frozen treat in just 6 posts.  Sadly, I have another 10 months before this craving is satisfied. 


No comments:

Post a Comment